Senior Consultant & Principal
Leader, Healthcare Practice
Mark joined Marts&Lundy in 2018. He brings more than 40 years of fundraising and executive leadership experience in the healthcare and higher education sectors. He served as the Managing Principal of our firm’s Healthcare Practice from 2020 to 2023. His expertise includes campaign planning and execution, transformational gifts, program and staff development, cultural change, executive coaching, and the integration of advancement with institutional strategies.
Mark served as Chief Advancement Officer for the Dell Medical School at the University of Texas at Austin (the first medical school created in nearly 50 years at a tier-one research university). While there, Mark established a comprehensive philanthropy program and coordinated a range of advancement, marketing, outreach, and creative partnership activities for the School.
Prior to his work at the University of Texas at Austin, Mark was President of the California Pacific Medical Center (CPMC) Foundation in San Francisco and Regional Vice President for Philanthropy of Sutter Health West Bay from 2009 to 2014. From 2003 to 2009, Mark served as Senior Vice President and Executive Director of Houston Methodist Hospital Foundation — where he helped increase fundraising from under $1 million dollars a year to more than $20 million. His Chief Development Officer roles have included work at Houston Methodist Hospital, Children’s Memorial Hospital in Chicago (now Lurie Children’s), Rice University, and University of Houston.
His previous work also includes providing consulting to top academic medical centers. In addition to philanthropy, his background includes marketing and business development, public relations/media, crisis communications, community relations, and strategy development.
- Brooklyn Hospital Center
- California State University, Fullerton
- Center for Global Health Innovation
- Children’s National Health System
- Corewell Health
- Envirome Institute / University of Louisville
- Episcopal High School, Houston
- George Washington University & George Washington Medicine
- Hackensack Meridian School of Medicine
- Institute for Noetic Sciences
- Jefferson Health/Thomas Jefferson University
- Kaleida Health System
- Lucile Packard Foundation for Children’s Hospital
- Lutheran Medical Center SCL Health
- MD Anderson Cancer Center
- Orlando Health System
- Parkland Foundation
- Renown Health
- St. John’s School, Houston
- University of Cincinnati Health
- University of Houston College of Medicine
- University of South Carolina
- University of Oklahoma
- University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston
- Washington University in St. Louis
- WellSpan Health
- The Wistar Institute
- Yale New Haven Health System
- Baylor University, B.B.A.
- University of Houston, M.B.A.